How to Get us Visa: Do you also want to go to America? The only thing that comes to your mind is how to get visa and where to apply for it. It is believed that getting a US visa is very difficult. Sometimes the process takes six months or a year.
But, first of all, there are many people who have a desire to go abroad but they do not know about the process of getting a visa to go there. In such a situation, you can get all the information related to visa in this report. We are telling you about the US visa application formalities, documentation, visa interview and other important things.
Why visa is necessary
Visa is the only document with which you can enter a country. Visa generally means the stamp that is put on your passport before you travel abroad. What are the conditions for foreigners in a particular country, its complete details are in the visa. Apart from this, it is written that for how many days a person can stay in that country. How many times the visa will be valid for coming and going in the country, it is also written on it. It is specifically written in the visa that for what purpose it is being given to visit, live or work.
|how to get us visa|
How Many Types of Visa are There?
If you are planning to go to America then you will need a visa first. Before we tell you about the process of getting it, you should also know that there are three types of visas.
1- Non Immigrant Visa-
Nonimmigrant visas are for tourists, businessmen, students, or specialized workers who want to visit the United States for a specific period of time for a specific purpose. As per US visa laws and regulations, most nonimmigrant visa applicants are required to demonstrate to the consular officer that they are residents of India and that they will return to their home country from the US after their temporary stay.
2- Immigrant Visa-
This visa is for people who want to go to the US, and their US visit is sponsored by a US citizen or a lawful permanent resident or a close relative, or a prospective US employer. Also, before applying for the visa, he must have valid documents.
3. Special Visa:
Special visas include visas granted to diplomats from different countries, as well as visa applications made by 10 or more people together.
What is The Process For us Visa
To apply for a visa, first you have to choose one of the categories between immigrant and non-immigrant visa. Once you are sure which visa you want to apply for, only then you need to pay the visa fee. Remember that the fee you pay for the US Visa is non-refundable. You will have to pay the fees even if the visa is not issued.
Visa fees vary depending on its type. Apart from special cases, you have to pay a fee of $ 160 to $ 265 for a US visa. Special cases include athletes, artists, entertainers, people with extraordinary abilities, fiancés/spouses of US citizens, etc. Special circumstances, such as the issuance of a nonimmigrant visa, require payment of an additional fee to the National Visa Center, the US Embassy or Consulate, or the Department of Homeland Security.
How to get US Visa
Once you pay the visa fee, the process of getting a US visa for Indians becomes quite easy. In the next step you will have to take two appointments. One from the Embassy or Consulate and the other from the Visa Application Center (VAC).
This information is important while going for an appointment
1. Your passport number,
2. Visa Application Fee Receipt Number,
3. The 10 digit barcode number on your DS-160 confirmation page
Documents required while going for second appointment at Visa Application Center (VAC)
1. A valid passport to the US, valid for at least six months beyond the period of your stay in the US.
2. One confirmation proof for DS- 160,
3. Confirmation proof of your appointment,
4. A photograph, if the person applying for the visa is under 14 years of age.
After your photo and fingerprints have been taken at the Visa Application Center, you will need to go to a US Embassy or Consulate for your visa interview.
Documents required for interview
1. A printed copy of your appointment confirmation letter,
2. DS-160 confirmation page with VAC seal,
3. Your current and all old passports, if any
4. Supporting documents as per your visa type
You can visit any of these US Embassies in India to apply for US Visa.
1. US Embassy, Shanti Path, Chanakya Puri, New Delhi – 110001
2. The US Consulate General, C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai-400051
3. The US Consulate General, 220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, Chennai – 600006
4. The US Consulate General, 5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, Kolkata- 700 071
5. The US Consulate General Hyderabad, Paiga Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad – 500003
ALSO READ :